Thursday, August 4, 2016

DIY DRESSER FACE-LIFT




Hey guys, today I thought I would share a DIY!
My fiances aunt and uncle were getting rid of this dresser & since we just moved into our new place we decided to take it off their hands.
It was really simple to give this dresser a face-life, it only needed a new coat of paint and some new hard wear.
Step One: First I sanded the entire dresser, this will help the paint stick and last a lot longer!
Step Two: Paint the dresser! I did 2 coats!
Step Three: Once dry, apply a top coat.
Step Four: Find handles that you like and fit your space. Since this dresser was a little older it was extremely hard to find handles that fit. Since I couldn't find any that I really liked I decided to go with knobs. I found all of these knobs at Home Depot. The silver knobs were $1.50 each and the pretty glass knobs were $3.40 each!
* Side Note - Since our dresser is older and the drawers were a different thickness, our knob screws were too long. Home Depot exchanged all the screws free of charge! Awesome service!

Below is a few extra pictures!
Happy DIY-ing!

 


Share your dresser face-lifts below! Or tag me on social media!

xoxo alicia 

No comments:

Post a Comment