Thursday, November 27, 2014

CLOSET ORGANIZATION TIPS & TRICKS

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by.
Today I wanted to share some of my tips and tricks on how I organize my closet. I share a small closet with my boyfriend & thought my tips could be useful for others who share a small closet. Even if you don't share a closet with anyone, some of these tips could help you make your closet a little more neat and organized.

1. My first tip when organizing your closet with your partner is to declare sides. This will make everything easier!

2. Start with a blank slate when re organizing. Take everything out and put it all back in. This will allow you to take clothing out that isn't in style & pack them away until the seasons change.

3. Organize your clothes into a few different piles such as long sleeves, short sleeves, tank tops, jeans, leggings etc. This will keep things organized for when you start to hang and fold. You can keep things itemed together by style. This will make your closet look clean and organized.

4. Grab some clothing organizers - These are great if your on a budget and want to save some space. I usually put my casual shirts that don't need to be hung in these. I then designate each slot to a certain style of shirt. Example - Short Sleeves, Long Sleeves, Tank Tops, Polo's etc.You can put your organizers wherever you like! I like mine in the middle of the closet side by side with my boyfriends with a small gap in the middle to store extra hangers.

5. I love to organize by colour! This goes when I hang shirts & also when I fold them. It just makes it easier to find what I'm looking for.

6. Hang clothing by style. This could also be done by length! I like to do mine by dress tank tops, short sleeve dress shirts, long sleeve dress shirts, flannel shirts, cardigans etc all done by colour as well to keep it extra neat!

7. Hangers! I love to keep all my hangers the same colour and facing the same way. This will make your closet look 10x more organized just by keeping the colours the same. It looks super clean! Keeping the hangers the same way also helps to keep your clothing easy to grab and put away. It also adds for a cleaner look.You can purchase hangers from the thrift store. This is great if your on a budget. The packs usually come 15-20 for $1.00!

8. Keep your bottoms organized! I like to keep mine in order of leggings and lulu lemon pants, jeans organized by colour dark to light, coloured pants like white pants, beige pants, skirts, etc. 

9. All the rules you are applying to your side of the closet, make sure your partner does the same! It saves a lot of room when both sides are organized.  

10. Add shelving, drawers, or even your laundry baskets under all the clothes for extra storage! This is where we keep our socks, bras, etc. 

& That's how I like to keep my closet organized, hopefully a few of my tips and tricks can help you! 

xoxo alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment